Bond & Financials
The Cascade Medical Center Hospital District Board of Trustees will seek public support in the May 2022 election to help fund a new medical center. The total project cost is estimated to be $34 million ($27 million is the current estimate with a $7 million contingency and inflation pressure).
Residents in the hospital taxing district will be asked to consider approving up to $19 million in General Obligation bonds over the next 30 years. If the full $19 million in bonds is used, the impact on property owners will be $68 for each $100,000 in taxable property value.
The bond represents half of the project cost. CMC will fund the other half of the project itself through operating revenue (current reserves + a loan against future net revenue). View our Annual Report to see our operating budget. (Link to annual report: https://cmchd.org/about-us/annual-report/)
The bond would result in up to $68 per 100,000 in TAXABLE PROPERTY VALUE,
the property value we are taxed on based on the ASSESSOR’S valuation, less your homeowner’s exemption. “Market value” does not factor into taxable value.
Cascade Medical Center Hospital District
Cascade Medical Center is an independent health care facility governed by the residents within the Hospital Taxing District. Currently, residents in the hospital district have a property tax assessment of 0.000692069 (0.0692 percent). If approved, the bond rate would be in addition to the current assessment.
Resources and Links:
- Election Information (https://www.co.valley.id.us/departments/Elections)
- Find Your Voting Location and Taxing Districts (https://valleycounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/sidebar/index.html?appid=283a3b5eb6f740539e623169e75d553a)
- Register to Vote (https://voteidaho.gov/)
Public Forum Dates:
- April 19 @ 6pm | Cascade American Legion
- April 28 @ 6pm | Donnelly Bible Church
- May 5th @ 3:30pm | Cascade High School – Band Room
- May 12th @ Noon & 6pm | Virtual Forums via Zoom